IESS On-going project workshop
February 15, 2023, Geneva, Switzerland – affiliated to the conference IESS 2.3
The objectives of this highly participative workshop on on-going projects are:
- to improve the awareness of the advancement in service science and its applications,
- to inspire practitioners of its success stories, in improving productivity, augmenting human capability and capacity, gaining new insights, accelerating discoveries, advancing state of the art, creating new services, providing stability for growth, assuring agility, efficiency, and sustainability,
- to collaborate and to define the way forward to meet the future challenges
IESS on-going project workshop covers the value propositions on the following actions:
- Services Melioration: to improve productivity and to augment capacity/capability,
- Services Exploitation: to provide further insights and uncover hidden patterns,
- Services Ideation: to explore and to trigger new ideas
- Services Education to innovate service curricula and to create new curricula
- Services Innovation and Research to validate improved system, new utilities, and to advance the state of the art
- Services Inception for Design and Governance to provide stability for growth, assuring agility, efficiency, sustainability
Examples of project types for the actions
|Automation. Digital transformation. Rules-driven AI (Artificial Intelligence). Robotics. Improved security/privacy. Integration. Value co-creation projects.||Analytics. Optimisation. Big Data. Data-driven AI. Mass-customisation. Service quality & measurements. Waste reduction. |
Idle resource utilisation. Smart cities.
|New automation. Mass-utilization. Ideation for new services.||Teaching technologies and methodologies. New domain curricula. Integrated curricula.||Utility enhancement New services and service domains. Service impacts. Service value creation.||Organisation design. Start-upping (funding, accompanying…) Multi- and trans-disciplined projects. Leadership, management. Business modelling. Process optimization. Disruption / Emergency management. Security/Privacy.|
We would like to invite you as, users, practitioners, integrators/innovators, educators, researchers, decision makers to actively participate to the workshop by:
– submitting your work to enrich the community with your contributions to the advancement of service science or
– just siting in to be informed, to swap ideas, and to interactively debate of the way forward for service science.
You are invited to submit a position paper to the EASYCHAIR platform by means of this link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iess23 and at max 3/4 pages or slides as proposed below:
Recommended position paper template
• What? What’s the issue/problem or project objective?
state of the art or prior art of this subject matter
background: who’s done what?
• Why? What’s for?
issues to be resolved or constraints to overcome
justifications: newness? innovativeness?
II. Project Development
How? What has been developed?
results, expectation met?
• What’s next?
call for actions/collaborations
• Concluding remarks
The submitted position papers will be reviewed to be accepted or not for presentation at the workshop. Further editing and refereeing will be done after the workshop for consideration for publication in a collection of IESS letters (of maximum 5 pages each paper).
Provisional due dates
Submissions: November 28, 2022
Review: December 19, 2022
Workshop Program Committee
Diem Ho, United Solutions, US
Carlos Casanueva, ESCP Business School
Eric Dubois, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST), Luxembourg
Thang Le Dinh, Business school, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières, Canada
Kresimir Lugaric, President & CEO of Internet Institut Wien, Austria
Marco de Marco, Dean of Uninettuno University, Rome, Italy
Mislav Ante Omazic, Faculty of Economics and Business – University of Zagreb, Croatia
Andy Rindos, IBM US
James C. Spohrer, International Society of Service Innovation Professionals (ISSIP.org)
M. Léonard, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org