According to the IESS tradition, IESS 2.3 will cover major areas of research and education related to service science and service innovation, including new emerging research trends. In the IESS conferences, the digital part of services constitutes a main component of Service Science exploration.
Contributions grounded in multi-disciplinary approaches to enable transdisciplinary services, are particularly encouraged. In this case, they will explore traditional disciplines, like IT, justice, medicine and health, economy, private and public administration, and engineering, in order to rebuild some of their foundations toward enabling the creation of transdisciplinary services.
Because of the large field covered by Service Science, the IESS 2.3 is composed of several tracks, each of them dedicated to a special topic. The authors have to choose one of them to submit their paper, unless they decide to submit it in the traditional IESS general topics.
The IESS 2.3 edition has a special theme Service Science to ground Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which aims at enlightening the potential actions that can be achieved through Service Science. It offers a great opportunity to deepen the topics of the last IESS 2.2 conference: Service Innovation Roadmaps and Responsible Entities Learning, and to discover sustainable ways of setting up resilient and sustainable ecosystems by means of trans-disciplinary, trans-institutional, and transnational services systems.
November 14, 2022 Deadline for abstracts
November 30, 2022 Deadline to submit papers
January 15, 2023 Notification of acceptance
January 22, 2023 Revision deadline for conditionally accepted papers
January 26, 2023 Final notification for conditionally accepted papers
January 30, 2023 Deadline for camera ready papers
- The length of the papers: max 15 pages (about 5000 – 6000 words).
- The editor of the IESS 2.3 proceedings will be EDP Sciences.
- The proceedings will be published under a CC license by EDP Sciences on the Web of Conferences platform.
- Papers can be submitted to the general track or one of the special tracks (See: List of tracks).
- The paper must be formatted according to the EDP guidelines (170 x 250 mm paper size, one-column format) and be submitted on the EASYCHAIR platform by means of this link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iess23.
- Every accepted paper will be reviewed by at least 2 program committee members, who have no conflict of interest with the authors and the subject of the paper.
- One person can be the co-author of up to 2 accepted papers in the IESS 2.3 conference.
- Each IESS 2.3 accepted paper will receive a special DOI identifier and be submitted for indexing in Clarivate Analytics, Google Scholar, and ProQuest.
The Flyer of Call for papers can be downloaded here