According to the IESS tradition, IESS 2.3 will cover major areas of research and education related to service science and service innovation, including new emerging research trends. In the IESS conferences, the digital part of services constitutes a main component of Service Science exploration (see IESS topics).
Contributions grounded in multi-disciplinary approaches to enable transdisciplinary services, are particularly encouraged. They will explore traditional disciplines, like IT, justice, medicine and health, economy, private and public administration, and engineering, in order to rebuild some of their foundations towards enabling the creation of transdisciplinary services.
Because of the large field covered by Service Science, the IESS 2.3 is composed of several tracks, each of them dedicated to a special topic. The authors have to choose one of them to submit their paper, unless they decide to submit it in the traditional IESS general topics. The IESS 2.3 edition has a special theme Service Science to ground Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which aims at enlightening the potential actions that can be achieved through Service Science. It offers a great opportunity to deepen the topics of the last IESS 2.2 conference: Service Innovation Roadmaps and Responsible Entities Learning, and to discover sustainable ways of setting up resilient and sustainable ecosystems by means of trans-disciplinary, trans-institutional and transnational services system.
Track proposals should be sent to PCchairs@iess.online, as soon as possible, not later than September 30th, 2022, that should include the following information:
- the title of the track,
- the names of the track chairs,
- their emails, affiliations and web sites,
- a short description of the track, including a list of relevant research topics,
- a proposal of 5-7 program committee members to review the papers of the track.
Track chair responsibilities
- They submit the track proposal to the conference chairs for approval.
- They prospect and invite motivated researchers to submit a paper to the track.
- They organize digital meetings with potential authors to discuss in a collegial way their intentions, prospective contributions, their originality and relevance to the track topic.
- They coordinate the review process of the submitted papers to the track and provide recommendations to the PC Chairs regarding their acceptance.
- They may propose an invited speaker for the track or the conference.
- They moderate the IESS 2.3 sessions dedicated to the track.
The Flyer of Call for tracks can be downloaded here